(Video by Diana)
Where & When?
AT, Vienna, Borrow-shop, 22.-23.11.2014
Workshop about producing cosmetics out of foods, making bread and noodles
Isa organized a two-day workshop series for participants from Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Austria connected to a “do it yourself” attitude toward sustainability: making your own organic and healthy cosmetics and food rather than buying packaged versions in a supermarket, where you don’t know its origins and its ingredients. We were hosted by Leila Wien in Vienna’s 16th district, which is a place for renting and borrowing stuff you don’t need all the time.
Find the Recipes we used here.
The document includes do-it-yourself recipes for:
- Toothpaste: fresh toothpaste as well as a healthy tooth cleansing recipe with no salt or soda
- Washing “Powder”: chestnut flour
- Shower gel: Natural chestnut shower gel recipe
- Shampoo: Use ash to wash hair, NoPOO method, Natural chestnut shampoo
- Deodorant: Spray-on deodorant, ingredients
- Lotion: basic lotion recipe, marigold/calendula salve
You can also find the tutorials and sources we used in the document.
Valeries noodle recipe:
300g helles, glattes Mehl/white flour
100g Hartweizengrieß/ hard wheat semolina
2 EL Olivenöl/table spoon olive oil
1 TL Salz/tea spoon salt
-leave to rest for 1 hour
-if you don’t have a noodle machine, try to make the dough as thin as possible and cut into stripes, and be careful, they are done quite quickly!!
- Foodsharing Austria
- Food Coops – Food Coops in Austria
- Natürlich Mama
- Curanatura – Wooden Toothbrushes (only in Slovak)
This weekend action was fully financed by the participants and organisers, with the support of Foodsharing and Dumpster Diving.